Tomorrow I am speaking from 10:30 to noon on a panel with Christine Gudaitis at Ver Ploeg & Marino and Rebecca Appelbaum at Adams & Reese. Our topic is Commercial General Liability Insurance. The program is part of The Seminar Group’s 3rd Annual Insurance in the Construction Industry CLE program, being held at the Hampton Inn & Suites in Miami (Brickell downtown). It is not too late to sign up, and the program can be viewed via live webcast if you cannot be there in person. Sign up information can be found at the link below:
We are going to cover topics including:
• Rip and Tear, and Access Costs
• Common Exclusions and Exceptions to Exclusions
• Construction-Related Endorsements
• Trigger of Coverage and Anti-Montrose Provisions
They’ve assembled an all-star team of insurance law professionals for the two-day seminar, on both the insurer and policyholder sides. It should be a lively and informative program.
I am also scheduled to speak on the recently-announced Strafford program entitled “Assignment of Benefits in Insurance Claims: Recent Trends, Court Decisions, and Practical Guidance” on Wednesday, October 16, 2019 from 1:00pm-2:30pm EDT. For more information or to sign up, visit the link below:
The list of questions/topics to be covered includes:
- What are the essential elements of an AOB contract and who benefits from it?
- What are “red flags” for potential fraud involved with the assignment of claim presentations?
- What are the best strategies to help navigate a policyholder’s claim through an AOB situation?
- What is the current state of the law and state-specific reform efforts?
- What are the critical AOB-related appraisal and litigation issues?
Assignment of benefits have been a hot topic in Florida, and the subject of recent legislation in Florida and elsewhere. I will talk about the Florida legislation as well as legislation and trends across the U.S. My panelists for the program are all insurer-side lawyers from Pennsylvania: Bob Horst and Daniel Petrilli at Timoney Knox in Philadelpia, and C. Scott Rybny at Rebar Bernstiel.